Thursday, August 8, 2013

Assorted Links

1. A story of the NFC Championship game from the 2009 season.  I'm a Vikings fan, so I remember this game somewhat fondly but mostly for causing painful memories.  This story, from the backup QB of the Vikings, is an amazing tale from someone on the sidelines.

2. Another agency that should be abolished.  I'd love to see somebody try to debate the point that the benefits of HUDD outweigh the costs.  That would be my comedy for the night.

3.  More minimum wage research (via Marginal Revolution).

4. From Mankiw: Obamacare causing pain to faculty.

An excerpt:
With the implementation of the ACA (Affordable Care Act) these institutions are giving notification to their part-time faulty that their individual teaching schedules will now be limited to three sections.  
He goes on to discuss how this will result in class sections being cancelled.  I'll be curious to see if any faculty turn on Obama because of this.  I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment