Thursday, June 13, 2013

Assorted Links

1. Poll shows Bush more popular than Obama.  Best line:

Therefore, it appears that what Obama meant by promising to be the anti-Bush is that, unlike George W. Bush, Obama would not get us out of a recession and into many years of economic prosperity. There would also be successful terror attacks on American soil during Obama's watch and a litany of scandals unseen in almost a half-century.

2. I just finished No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden. What a great book. The book really has two parts.  One part is the discussion of what it takes to be a Navy Seal and to make Seal Team 6, along with some missions they had.  The second part is the mission to eliminate Osama Bin Laden.  I stayed up way too late reading this book last night. This type of book makes we wonder if I could have any value as a analyst for the military - I would love it if I could help get rid of bad guys to make the world safer.

3.  Jayson Lusk does a great job explaining why the results in a study published in the journal "Organic Systems" on GM feed isn't credible.  

4.  It's World Series of Poker time!  I am not going this year, but have in the past.  (Here's my recap of my experience in 2010.)  My mom is playing in the Seniors' Event on Friday (I also have two other friends in the field).  My mom will be trying to top her 2012 performance, where she finished 12th in a field of over 3,300.

5.  Senator says border fence is dumb while also saying South Dakota borders Canada. 






No comments:

Post a Comment