Sunday, June 23, 2013

Another prohibition that should be repealed



Soon, however, I was approached from behind by a uniformed D.C. police officer and another guy, whom I presumed was a trainee. 

The officer wanted to know what I was asking. Not wanting to be labeled a scalper, I said, “Love to get face value.” These words started a Kafka-esque journey into the D.C. criminal justice system. 

Told to stand against a wall, I was informed that I was under arrest for “solicitation.” I explained that I was from out of town and that I was not trying to “scalp,” and I apologized for not knowing that what I was doing was a crime. As the officer ran a check on my Minnesota driver’s license, I wondered how bad the ticket would be. 

The officer came back and told the trainee to call for transport.  "You going to do this?” the trainee asked, somewhat incredulously. 
“Absolutely.”  “You’ve got to be kidding,” I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment