Wednesday, May 29, 2013

In Chicago this week

I’m in Chicago for the AEA Conference on Teaching& Research on Economic Education.  I attended this conference last year in Boston and learned a lot.  I’m hoping it will be just as valuable this year.  Further, I’m presenting a research paper focusing on pedagogical issues. 

Usually when I visit abroad I like to take some time to see the city.  I will be so busy this time that I don’t think that will happen.  That being said, I am staying at the Hard Rock Hotel, and my room (and view) are both pretty cool.  



A trip to the Federal Reserve is also included, as well as meals at a couple pretty nice places, including Epic Restaurant. So, all-in-all, it's not bad for a conference where I'm working almost non-stop.


One thing that I liked so far was meeting Eric Chiang, who authors a principles textbook.  He has a neat youtube video where he goes “Around the World in 80 Hours” and examines various economic issues:



No comments:

Post a Comment