Saturday, August 16, 2014

Economic impact of divorce

Blog post is headlined as "The Economic Impact of Divorce".

When I saw the title, I got excited, as I thought it would actually be an examination of the economic impact of divorce (which, to my knowledge, nobody has researched).  I was disappointed, as it wasn't really an economic impact study, but basically a pitch to use the firm's divorce lawyers.

Several years ago at my church, I was in a small group for couples.  One day the leaders had an exercise they asked all of the couples to go through.  One was to examine how expensive it would be to get divorced. There are financial impacts on the couple, of course, but I'm not certain there are broader economy-wide impacts.  (At least not immediately, here's research on children.)

Here are a couple articles on the costs of divorce to the couple:

Link 1

Link 2

No comments:

Post a Comment